At JCI we are committed to providing our customers with clear and transparent information, respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data, and that of your customers.
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect when you interact with us, along with how we handle, store and safeguard your data. The following applies to personal data collected via telephone, supplied in person or via email and fax facilities.
It is likely our Privacy Notice will change from time to time, so we will notify you of any significant changes.
Legal basis for using your data
We are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of personal data which confirms the reasons why we may collect and process personal data.
The legal basis for processing personal data is that it is necessary for us to do so for the legitimate interests of JCI as well as our customers. Examples of these interests include;
• The supply of goods and services
• Handling of customer queries, cancellations and refunds or complaints
• Fulfilling our duties to our customers in relation to their manufacturing guarantee
How we use your data
JCI uses personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and to give you and your customers the best possible customer experience, including;
• Processing the orders you place with us via email and fax
• Responding to our customers queries, refund requests or complaints
• Managing any registered accounts you may hold with us
• Verifying customers identity
• Market research purposes
• Crime and fraud prevention
• Complying with any legal and regulatory obligations
• CCTV systems operate in our premises and car park to keep our customers and assets safe
What sort of personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you, or your customer;
• Your name, gender and contact details, such as billing and delivery address, telephone numbers including mobile numbers and email addresses
• Details of interactions with us via the telephone, email, fax or in person
• Your image and car number plate may be recorded at some point when visiting our premises via our CCTV
How we protect your personal data
We take every precaution to protect your information. Our security measures include;
• Security controls that protect our IT infrastructure from unauthorised access or external attack
• Encryption of data
• Internal policies relating to data security and employee training
• Regular security reviews
Users under 18
If you are under the age of 18 and choose to provide personal data to us, please ensure that you firstly obtain your parent/guardians consent. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
JCI will retain personal data no longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. The retention period will vary depending on the data and purpose for its collection, however if you have placed an order with us, we will keep the data for the warranty period of that associated product. In most cases this is between 10 – 15 years.
Who do we share your data with?
In some cases, JCI will share personal data with trusted third parties. Examples of these would be;
• Delivery companies
• Credit reference agencies for card payments
• Carefully selected partners who provide JCI branded products and services
On occasion JCI may need to share personal data to comply with our legal obligations, to exercise our legal rights and if required with regulatory or government bodies.
Where you personal data may be processed
JCI do not transfer any personal data to any third countries or international organisations outside of the European Economic Area.
For Non-EU customers
When providing your details to us, you are consenting to the processing of personal data by JCI or its third party suppliers. We will need to transfer this data from your country of residence to ourselves and in some cases our carefully selected suppliers within the UK.
A data subject has the following rights;
• To be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
• To request access to the personal data we hold about you
• To request rectification should any data be incorrect
• To withdraw consent or object to our legitimate interest once the purpose for collection of your personal data has come to an end
If you have any questions relating to how we process your personal data, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact Data Protection Office, JCI Ltd, Unit A Queens Court, Queens Avenue, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 2BN, or email [email protected]
We will clearly explain the reason for refusal for any requests that are not actioned, for example in cases where we are processing your personal data on the lawful basis of legitimate interests we may need to continue to process your personal data.
If you feel your data has not been handled correctly, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. Further information and contact details are available at https://ico.org.uk